Monday, July 21, 2008

Very Special Day




Wow. Today is my little Noah's 3rd birthday. He was born at 8:44 am on the 21rst of July in 2005. It all started on the 20th of July. I wasn't feeling well and was sent to the Labor and Delivery Triage Room for observation. Everything was looking OK, the Nurse told me I had about 10-15 more minutes and they were going to let me go home. Then the night took a scary turn. Noah's heartbeat dropped by alot, this alarmed the nursing staff and they called in the OB on staff. They came in and did a sonogram and decided to keep me a little longer. At first they thought 2 more hours. Unfortunately Noah's heartbeat kept dipping. They put me on total bedrest and kept me overnight, until my High-Risk OB could come see me the next morning. Dr. Goldaber arrived on the morning of the 21rst, and did a high level sonogram and determined that Noah would be much safer on the outside, and proceded to schedule me for an emergency C-section. Within about 1/2 an hour of the sonogram, I was a Mommy to a beautiful 3pound baby boy. I caught a very brief glimpse of him as they whisked him away to the NICU.


Noah never sleeps late......:( However, this morning, he woke up at 8:45! 1 minute past his birthday. We had a pretty fun day today, Dan, Abigale and I had a cake and balloons for him this morning and sang Happy Birthday to him. He went swimming, dug in the dirt, with his new dump truck and played in his clubhouse. We were going to go to Daddy's softball game, but Mommy is wiped out!


Today is also the day my Granddaddy died 1 year ago today. He was an sweet, gentle soul, with kind blue eyes and a big boyish grin! He was a well loved man. I miss him dearly. I only wish he could have met my little "firecracker" Abigale.


Well, this will be a busy week. My long-lost best friend will get into town Thursday night to help out with the babies parties on Saturday. It will be nice to have her around for a few days.


Happy Birthday my sweet Angel Noah.

Love and Kisses to you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Noah! Hope you had a great 3rd birthday...wow how you have grown so much. Can't wait for Davis to get big enough to come and play with you. What fun we are going to have one day!

Lots of love!

Ashley and Davis

Anonymous said...

This is great Melissa! you are too funny. I can't wait to show this to your grandmother. She will really enjoy reading it and looking at the pictures of her beautiful great-grandchildren.

Lots of Love - Great Aunt G

Anonymous said...

Dear Missy

Nanny says that she has been so sad since Sat. and she finally realized Granddaddy had been gone a year now. She really misses him. If she had a million dollars she would fly all of you (including Jimmy, Cyndy and Chris) to Charlotte, so she could see you and hold those beautiful great- grandchildren. She really wants to see all of you as soon as she can. She is so thankful that she is in the nursing home where she has lots of company and the staff is really good to her.
Please keep the pictures coming - they are her pride and joy.

Missy - you know you are her twin!!!

Lots of love - Nanny